Saturday 9 March 2013

زبان فارسی - Persian language

That was in December. I suddenly decided to learn Persian, and then equally suddenly gave up. It's been more than two months now, and I want to try again. In fact I have returned to Iraj Bashiri's Persian for Beginners.* That's an excellent course. I revised the first two lessons. I plan to revise two more today, and then move at a slower pace. I think it will be great if I could finish this 348-page 15-lesson course in two months. For the time being, I can only say: 

آموزگار من اراج بشیری خوب است. کتابش هم خوب است. آن کتاب خوبتر است. 

My teacher Iraj Bashiri is good. His book is good too. [In fact] That book is better.

* Chapter 15 is unavailable. Do a little Google-ing or Bing-ing or DuckDuckGo-ing or what-not and you shall find that. 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are right. بهتر (behtar) is 'better' and بهترین (behtarin) is 'best.' I used خوب تر (xub-tar) because I found it regular. I don't know if there exists such a word in Persian.

      Delete
  2. That's funny, but I have never properly learnt Parsi, just read a grammar ! :-))

    ReplyDelete