Monday 23 July 2012

Back to traditional characters

It turns out giving up traditional characters isn't easy. I didn't do any lessons for two days. And I am now returning to traditional characters. 

There is nothing wrong with the simplified script. It's simply that when you are used to the traditional writing system, you find the simplified a little incomplete.

I remember perfectly how I didn't even care about traditional characters only a few months ago. I knew they existed, a few people used them but they were not mend for me! Then for some reason which I don't even remember I started learning traditional characters. Initially I grumbled about 國 (国) and 個 (个), thinking they were too complicated. Now I just can't get out of the trap which makes me visualise these characters as complete and thus more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment