After six months and 18 days, I am not making progress in Korean. I am not learning Russian. I have not taken my first steps into programming. I have read less than 10 books. The results speak for themselves - I have failed as an autodidact and as a language learner.
I have five months and 12 days left before 2014 ends. I want to make the most of this time.
Instead of making long-term, vague plans, I will focus on concrete short-term goals. I do not know what I will do in July but here is what I plan to do in June:
Books I will finish:
- How Music Works; John Powell
- Dragon's Egg; Robert L Forward
- On Writing; Stephen King
- Is That A Fish In Your Ear?: David Bellos
- Assimil Chinese with Ease (revision of first 40 lessons)
- Assimil Russian with Ease (one lesson a day)
- No plan.
- Head First Programming - Beginning Programming With Python (three-four lessons)